This is a broad spectrum preservation system that can be included in natural and organic skin and hair care products.
Its four components, Benzyl Alcohol, Salicylic Acid, Glycerine, Sorbic Acid, are all well accepted in a wide range of personal care products. This novel composition of this antimicrobial blend offers broad spectrum protection in a diverse range of products, against gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria, yeast and moulds. It is clear liquid with a mild smell.
NB: Always add Preservative Eco in the Third Stage or when ingredients are under 45 degrees C.
- Non-paraben, non-formaldehyde, non-isothiazolone based preservative system.
- Has wide global regulatory acceptance.
- Broad spectrum activity on bacteria, yeast and moulds.
- Suitable for use in oil-in-water, water-in-oil and anhydrous (non-water containing) formulas so compatible with a wide range range of skin, hair and sun care formulations.
- Safe to use in products with a wide range of pH values (3-8).
The best method for measuring the Preservatives when adding to your products is to weigh them on a very good scale that weighs down to 0.1 grams.
- Recommended number of drops, grams and % of Preservative Eco per 100ml/g of product - 20 drops using small 0.7mm dropper/ OR 1g/ OR 1%.
- If product contains herbal decoctions or infusions/OR equeous exfoliators/scrubs and anti-wrinkle creams containing many active ingredients - add 22 drops using small 0.7mm dropper/OR 1.1g/ OR 1.1%.
- Maximum Dosage of Preservative Eco - Because of the high quantity of Benzyl Alcohol in Preservative Eco and to meet the European Cosmetic Directive standards, the maximum amount use in products should be 1.15%.
- FACE MASKS/CLEANSERS (AQUEOUS PRODUCTS) WITH CLAYS: Do NOT use Preservative Eco in aqueous products containing clay e.g. Face masks/Cleansers. Use our Preservative K instead.