pre-assessed / private label faq

We offer a range of fully finished wholesale cosmetic products which are ready to be sold, as they are, on the retail market. Whether you are buying our Pre-assessed Products or our fully packaged Private Label range, they are designed to be sold under your own branding, and they all have safety assessments in place for them so no further assessment is required. This section will help you with any other questions you have in regards to selling them under your own brand.

What is the difference between Private Label & Pre-assessed Products? The Private Label Products are fully packaged individual cosmetic products that only require you to label them. The Pre-assessed Products are fully finished products ready to sell also, but just need to be decanted into your own packaging. We sell a range of cosmetic packaging you can use here.

Can I sell them under my own branding? Yes, you can sell them under your own brand, using our assessment.

Can I call them different names to what you call them? Yes, you can use your own names for the products, you don't have to stick to what we've called them, but it is important not to call them anything that is misleading for customers.

Can I add anything to the products? No, if you did this it would invalidate the CPSR for the product.

Are any of these products safe for babies?
Yes, click here to see our full range of products for babies. Some can be used from birth, and others from 3 months, visit the individual product pages for more information.

From what age can these products be used?
With the exception of the baby products listed above, all products are suitable for use from 3 years+. 

Have any of these products ever been subject to animal testing in any way? Absolutely not. We have never tested and will never test on animals, and we make sure all our suppliers are cruelty-free too. Please click here to view our Animal Testing Statement. You can also view our No-Child-Labour Statement for pearlescent micas by clicking here.

Do I need a Safety Assessment? Or do you have them in place?
We have all the correct CPSRs (Safety Assessments) in place for both our Private Label and Pre-assessed Products, so there is no need to get your own.

How do I get a copy of the Safety Assessment?
Once you've purchased a product or products, just email us at and let us know which products you would like a copy of the safety assessment for.

Could I use your Safety Assessment to just make it myself, using your ingredients? No, it doesn't work like that unfortunately - you can use the safety assessments we have, but these are valid for our finished products only; if you wanted to actually make the products yourself, whether or not it's using our supplies, you would need your own assessment.

What else do I have to do to sell these products legally? You need to create a PIF (Product Information File) and include our assessment within this file. You also need to notify the product on the UK Portal and make sure your labelling is correct.

Can you help me with my labelling and creating the PIF? Yes - we provide CLP Services here, and PIF Authoring Services here

Am I the RP (Responsible Person) for this product, or are you? You are the RP for this product so you will need to create the PIF and notify it on the UK Portal. You can access the UK Portal via the following link: Submit a cosmetic product notification - GOV.UK (

Do I need to put your name and address on the label? No, as you are the RP (Responsible Person), you put your own name and address on the label.

Do I need to notify the product on the UK Portal, or do you? You do - see above.

Can I sell these products in the EU? Some of these products are currently only assessed to be sold on the UK market. For EU customers wishing to take advantage of the pre-written safety reports, a small additional fee will be payable for the appropriate add-on documentation. This can be obtained by emailing the team at

Do I need insurance? Yes insurance is a very good idea, as some craft fairs will not allow you to have a stall without insurance. For small scale businesses, we would recommend for insurance.