What to do:
- You can either melt your lip balm ingredients in a glass bowl/jug over a pan of simmering water, or in a bowl in the microwave. Melt the wax and the oil first, then add the butters and melt until fully liquid - though turn off the heat early and let the residual heat melt the butters so as not to overheat.
- If transferring to pots or tins, use a glass jug to melt the ingredients in so you can pour straight out without the need for pipettes.
- If adding flavour, make sure you stir well.
- Don't overheat your lip balm mixture, and wait for it to cool down a bit before transferring it to your containers.
- You can pop your pipette in the microwave for 30 seconds before transferring the lip balm liquid to the tubes. This helps to prevent your lip balm from setting in the pipettes.
Wait for your lip balms to cool for a few hours at room temperature before trying them out, or pop them in the fridge. They are always quite soft the first day, but by the second, you will know what texture they really are.