The Many Benefits of Coconut Oil
Virgin, organic, raw coconut oil has a divine, rich, natural scent, and is known not only for its natural healing properties and effects on the skin, but also for its many health benefits. Naturally Balmy sells its own virgin coconut oil, obtained from fresh coconuts and cold pressed, so that it remains packed full of healthy nutrients, which can be destroyed through the refining process. As Naturally Balmy’s coconut oil is food grade and certified organic by the Soil Association, it’s ideal for use in cooking as well as a superhero ingredient to add into skincare products.
Here are just a few of the many benefits and uses of Coconut Oil:
- Used in cooking it aids weight loss and helps lower cholesterol
- Rich in lauric acid, which is known for being antibacterial and anti-fungal
- Perfect to use on the skin as a moisturiser to heal and repair
- Known to prevent blemishes and wrinkles
- Can create a youthful shine and glow on the skin
- Perfect for to use on hair to hydrate the scalp as a treatment
- Can also be used on hair to prevent split ends and repair damage
- Natural deodoriser and perfect for use in products such as foot balms
- Offers protection against UV rays of the sun
- Soothes and heals sunburn
Naturally Balmy’s Organic Virgin Coconut Oil can be purchased on its own, and is also found in the following products:
Coconut Body Butter: This whipped body butter contains pure organic coconut oil and organic coconut extract that gives an exotic aroma and mousse-like creamy texture.
Lemon & Coconut Hair Conditioner: As Coconut oil is one of the best natural conditioners for the hair, we have put it in our hair conditioner. It restores your hair's natural moisture, fights dandruff and works deep down the hair shaft to reduce loss of protein from within.